Hi and welcome to the SearchData Blog, where ideas flourish and data is king!
We’ve decided to build the SearchData API once we’ve realized just how valuable the data on search engine results pages can be for online businesses. The real problem was gathering enough information in a timely and organized manner.
The idea behind this blog is the same as the product - to provide valuable insights to the companies that need them. That will mean plenty of articles discussing how you can use the SearchData API to your benefit, but also various tips and guides on how to use the gathered data, how to improve your own ranking on search engines, and everything but the kitchen sink.
Since you’re here, how about we present a few things about SearchData and what it can do for you:
SearchData - the fastest SERP Data API
SearchData is a REST API that helps users extract all data from search engine result pages. You only have to type a keyword and the programming interface will return a JSON file containing an array of data, such as:
- Organic results for that term, containing the title, link, display link, snippet, and position in the results page;
- Paid ads for the term, with the same details plus any extensions or extra links the ads may have;
- Local map results and the coordinates for the search;
- Local businesses, including their name, rating, number of reviews, address, and working hours;
- Knowledge Graph data, meaning the information Google displays on the right side, usually with definitions or other helpful details for a given topic;
- Related searches.
If you’re looking for something in particular, you can customize the API request parameters to only return the information you need. Here are some of the details you’ll most likely want to check out:
- Location - lets you choose a geographical location from which you want the search to originate;
- Type of search - helps you focus on specific types of results, like images, videos, or shops;
- Which results to receive - you can set the API to return specific results, depending on their position on the list or the time period in which the page was made public.
- Language - can be set for both the search and the results.
The same idea stands for residential IPs, the best type of proxy that will ensure that you can collect valuable info for any topic, quickly and effectively. We’ve prepared a proxy pool of more than 100.000.000 IPs from all around the world, with support for 195 global geolocations.
What you can expect from the SearchData Blog
At the end of the day, all APIs are tools, and knowing when, where, and how to use them is just as important as having them.
As such, we’re dedicated to teaching our clients and all interested users how to leverage SERP data to their advantage. Sometimes that may mean knowing about how search engines work, other times it’s about how data extraction works, and you can expect us to come up with new and useful ways to help you.
Whatever the occasion of the article, we hope you stop by, learn something new, laugh at our attempts at comic relief, and find a new way to grow your business.
Good luck with data gathering and don’t be a stranger!